Buyer (Rail)Contract 6 Months
Day Rate £ 255 per day
Date Posted 15th Jun 2017
Our Ref TUSP/BYR/1506
Our client is a major UK Contracting Group. They currently have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Buyer to work on the prestigious Euro-Tunnel project.
Project: Euro-Tunnel (with Elec Link). The project is to install a 65km DC electricity cable between France & Great Britain.
Role Definition / Scope
• Work closely with project staff to meet the procurement schedule, in accordance with procurement policies and processes.
• Work with Procurement colleagues to ensure best value deals at competitive market rates are agreed.
• Ensure project requirements are met. Manage total annual spend typically up to approximately £10 million per annum.
• Lead “multi-disciplinary” source teams through ITT process for contracts over £100k or higher risk to select best supplier
• Manage compliance with processes and ensure quality standards are maintained across the team(s), recommending improvements where necessary
• Negotiate agreements for Project that support on time delivery and meet Safety & Sustainability requirements
• Negotiate supplier agreements at bid stage for nominated projects
• Develops future plan for own spend areas with project stakeholders including savings & delivery/ Safety & Sustainability performance targets
• Manage supplier performance for own projects/ contracts to include managing poor performance and disputes. Escalate any ongoing problems
• Manage team meetings/ project timescales for source team activities, including communication to stakeholders and decision makers
• MCIPS qualified (preferable)
• Detailed experience in procurement and tendering for DC cabling projects within the Rail environment and knowledge of all related regulations
If this role sounds like something of interest and you would like to know more, please get in touch with our recruitment team or apply online
Apply today and receive contact within 24 hours!
In the news
The tusp charity for 2017 is Inspire Suffolk, who are hosting a Charity Golf Day at Hintlesham Golf Club. They
The Government have published Phase 2 of the HS2 route, which outlines where the Government will look to build the
- Loading Tweets...