Cost Manager/EstimatorContract 6 Months
Location Manchester, Cheadle
Day Rate £ 275 to £300
Date Posted 13th Jul 2017
Our Ref Tusp/cme/1307
An exciting 6-month contract has arisen for a Cost Manager/Estimator to be based in Cheadle. Working for a British multinational infrastructure group with capabilities in construction services, support services and infrastructure investment .
• To prepare budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects and to establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and bid team.
• Working with the commercial and procurement teams in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing and agreeing scope of works for cost consultants and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering manage and co-ordinate all cost management aspects of a bid.
• Ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer Client in a manner consistent with the client’s Management System.
• Interrogate design options and ‘value’ solutions, identifying the attractiveness of a project based on sound costing principles.
• Ensure compliance with the clients CSUK procedures including pre-construction gate process
• Review tender documents and submission requirements ensuring all financial information is identified and provided.
• Prepare send-out lists; send out enquiries including mark-up of bills of quantities.• Carry out estimating role including importing of bills into estimating system, pricing subcontractor packages and reviewing of bills for completeness.
• Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing including plant schedules
• Carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender settlements
• Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
• Responsibility for ‘sign off’ of all cost elements prior to any gate meetings or financial submissions
• Select suitable sub-contractors and specialists for each project
• Ensure that key specialists are utilised on each bid to optimise: design, specification, programme and value
• Manage the production of cost information for senior management
• Provide considered responses to customer questions including post tender queries
• Ensure that the project commercial team have received an effective handover of bid documentation
• Present tender proposals at customer interviews throughout the project cycle from bid to financial close and ensure the validation of any Cost Consultant outputs such as Bills of Quantities and Cost Plans.
• Input into terms and conditions, scope of services and briefing of Cost Consultant, acting as a communication channel between cost consultants and the Business Stream
• Meet customers and their consultants to maintain or build relationships and maintain relationships with key bodies such as RICS
• Input into continuous improvement on bids including, presentation media etc, producing strategy papers for Senior Management to provide guidance on project pricing and the continual development of the cost management systems and tools within the Business Stream and CSUK
• Preparation of prime cost estimates
• Provide estimating support in pre bid submissions/pre-qualification documents
• Seek to understand and implement the appropriate digital toolsets to execute cost take-off and other estimating activities, such as 5D cost planning
• Ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile
• Previous experience of managing the process of costing projects of similar size/ budget relevant to the Business Stream, within the construction and engineering industry
• Good working knowledge of costing and accounting methods is required.
• Relevant professional membership, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE, is desirable
• Valid CSCS card
• Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning is desirable.
• An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
• Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Conquest Estimating Systems or similar packages are essential.
• Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions.
Apply today and receive contact within 24 hours!
In the news
An ISO9001 certified company we submit to an external audit to examine our quality management processes and systems, this validates
tusp have recently started a supporting role with Balfour Beatty on a electrical interconnector project within the Channel Tunnel, this
- Loading Tweets...