Our client is a major UK Contracting Group. They currently have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to work on an exciting Rail Electrification Project in South Wales.
• Provide leadership to the commercial team working on multi-million pound complex contracts
• Preparation and implementation of a project specific commercial strategy to ensure robust cost management
• Ensure robust cost control & budget management through the implementation of commercial review processes in accordance with the GMCE’s and commercial manual monitored via commercial dashboards and take any corrective actions required
• Review and challenge applications and verifiable cash flow forecasts to ensure maximization of cash position
• Ensure commercial risks are proactively identified, accurately and auditably quantified, are managed, mitigated and where possible eliminated on an ongoing basis
• Build and ensure strong commercial team client and supply chain relationships working in a collaborative manner
• Full membership of a recognised Professional Institute (ie RICS or CICES)
• Detailed experience gained within the Civil Engineering sector working on major contracts within the Rail environment.
• A working knowledge of different standard forms of contract
• A detailed understanding of contract law and insurances
• Previous experience at senior level of managing project commercial performance, and a track record of delivering commercial excellence